Friday, August 12, 2011

Sleeping Arrangement


Maddie's bedroom is right above the garage and if I forget to leave the garage door cracked open during the day, her room will get sweltering hot. The AC up here cannot keep up with the 115+ temps we've been having, so for "nap time", I moved her to the guest room were it is SO much cooler. When I decided on this new sleeping arrangement, I didn't think about everything that would come with it. Her toys. She has lots of toys and stuffed animals but she has specific ones she sleeps with and likes in her bed. She also likes to have her favorite baby doll sleeping next to her in her own pack-n-play. (placknplay as Maddie says) Here is how I found her one rare day when she actually fell asleep. I guess she felt it was necessary to put on a cap since her baby has one on too.


As the days of 100+ weather have not let up, we have been putting her in this room at night too, then when Brian and I go to bed, we move her to her room, where at that point its cool enough. On Tuesday night, before I went to bed, I moved Maddie back to her own room, but I was tired of lugging everything back and fourth, so all I took was her pillow and her special bunny she likes to cuddle with. I figured since she was already asleep, she wouldn't notice.
Boy, was I wrong!
I woke up at 3:00 a.m. to a flowery pink little flashlight pointing in my face. "Mommy, I need my animals!" Oh heaven help us.
I new that arguing at that time would exhort more energy then just getting up and scooping all the animals and toys and throwing them on her bed in her room.
The next night we didn't mover her at all. This might be her new room for the remainder of the summer.

I just thought this was a cute picture. We had a family reunion about three weeks ago at my Aunt's house (same place as the 4th of July pictures) and wanted to post this here.


1 comment: