Sunday, August 7, 2011

resolutions

Today Maddie said something funny. We had gone to the pool, Maddie, Brian and I, and on our way home we decided to stop at Pappa Murphy's to get a pizza for diner. On our drive over there, Maddie saw the moon and this is how the conversation went:
Maddie: I want to be a spaceship
Brian: you want to be an astronaut?
Maddie: Yes
Brian: Maybe one day you will be able to go to the moon!
Maddie: Yea, I'll need a very big ladder!
Hahaha! We just snickered to our selves as we pulled into the parking lot and as Brian was getting out of the car (I was driving which is rare when we are both in the car) to order the pizza, he asked me for my debit card because he didn't bring his wallet. We stared at each other for a few seconds when we realized neither of us had our wallets. Who takes their wallet to the pool? We had to drive all the way back home. Brian got Maddie in the tub and I ran out for the pizza. I will never say no to some quiet time in the car.

Now to the purpose of the title for this post.

On Tuesday I got a steroid injection in my ear to calm things down a bit and my Dr. gave me strict orders:
1) Take my diuretic pill everyday
2) Take my potassium pill everyday. (diuretics deplete potassium levels)
3) No salt intake (eat greens)
4) No caffeine.
5) come back next week

I said OK! and went home. Did I do what he told me to? Somewhat. I took my pills and got de-caff at Starbucks. But how am I supposed to omit salt from my diet? What about delicious cheese enchiladas? or pizza? I think I did ok actually. But I know I could have done better.

Today I came across a blog about a guy who sufferers from Menieres and he posts a TON of stuff about it and a ton of people comment. I found some helpful information. I learned that I thought I had it bad. WOW, there are people out there who have it WAY worse then I do. Which makes me kind of scared, but I also think knowledge is power right? The main thing I learned was that there are several different treatments for several different cases of severity and no two people will react to the same kinds of treatments the same way. The only one thing in common was: Diuretics, low salt intake, and no caffeine. I highly believe my symptoms are stress induced. Not that if I'm not stressed I wont have an episode, but being stressed does help promote the onset of episodes. I have no idea how or why. Its just one of those trial and error things everyone has to go through. So this is my new resolution:
1) I will make a POINT to lower my salt intake
2) eat less sugar
3) no caffeine.
4) get back to the gym.

Hopefully some post baby weight loss will help in reducing stress and pressure on my body among the other things I listed. I decided to post them, so I could keep up with it because, I'm a quitter. So hopefully since surgeries are out of the way, I'll be able to get back the momentum I had once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment