Thursday, August 18, 2011

Maddie's Bedroom


The other night Maddie got the notion to make her own bed. All by herself. Right before bed time. Never mind the time of day (night) she decided to take on this task, she was quite proud of herself and wanted us to follow her back upstairs to oohh and aahh at her accomplishment. And of course it was a Kodak moment.

She is into silly faces now.
She pulled her comforter to the top as much as she could, then gathered all her bed-time friends and laid them all in a row. Her efforts were pretty cute.

After taking these pictures, I realized I never did take pictures of her "big girl" room after I had finished it.

This is the bassinette Moses basket she slept in when she was a new born. I let her play with it now. Her babies are very comfortable.

This is the bedding I got her from PBK. I LOVE IT! I'm also glad I was able to stick with the pink&green color scheme I had with her crib bedding.

(Brian got her that foam clock at the $1 spot at Target and just hung it up without consulting me first. I realize the clock and the paining are not in visually stimulating locations in the room, but, I had re-arranged the furniture, and didn't mess with the wall hangings. I'll do it later.)

These are the curtains and valance I made to match.

This is the hamper I made to match as well.

This painting I did that hangs above her bed. The blue came out a little darker then I intended. I'm going to fix it, I just don't know when.


This is the bow hanger I made.

I made these letters when I was pregnant, and this dresser used to be Brian's, and also when I was pregnant, we pained it white and bought new knobs for it. The empty space right now holds a hideous 1970's looking fan that I didn't care to document. But, as I have said before. It gets hot in her room during the day.

When we move we plan on getting her more furniture, but for now this works very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment