Thursday, September 27, 2012

38 Weeks

ONE WEEK!
This time next week I will be holding our new little girl! I'm so excited to finally get to meet her and hold her and go through all the new-born rituals again. I'm also excited for Maddie to finally get to meet her. I think she's been waiting the longest because little kids don't have a sense of time, so for her its been absolutely forever.
Yesterday at my final OB appointment, I was checked for any signs of dilation and of course there were none, but sense I have been having minor irregular contractions, she wanted to make sure. If there was any dilation, we would have pushed the c-section date up a bit because it would be dangerous for my current scar.
This made me think about what makes one chance for a VBAC more dangerous then another? Or maybe its always dangerous, but some Dr.'s are OK with the odds? I would think that after 4 years, I would be perfectly fine to try it if I wanted to. I guess if I had pushed for it, they might let me, but considering the reasons why I had a c-section the first place, I'm perfectly fine having another one. Her comment just made me curious.
I also got all the details for next Thursday. I was told to have an awesome meal on Wednesday night because the anesthesiologist wont let me eat all day after surgery, so I will be hungry on Thursday. After she told me that, I remembered that my last meal with Maddie was dinner Thursday night and since she wasn't born until Saturday at 3:45 am, I didn't get to eat until Saturday evening. I was famished! Luckily this time I wont have to wait THAT long. Brian and I are supposed to arrive at L&D at 7:30am and surgery will take place at 9:30am.
I guess this also means that this week I need to get packed, make sure Brian is packed, get the car seat in the car and get Maddie's car seat in my mom's car and make sure Maddie is completely situated.  I feel like there is so much more to think about when another child is involved.
I am also scared about how our routine will go with me being up with Reese, while also needing to take care of Maddie. She can be pretty self-sufficient when it comes to entertaining herself, but the child does still need to eat. and bathe. and go to school. and gymnastics.
I pray for a safe delivery and a perfectly healthy baby girl.

1 comment: