Thursday, September 13, 2012

36 Weeks

Officially 3 weeks from today, we will be bringing a new little girl into this world. Looking back, I cant believe how quickly came upon us. Even though I feel as if these past few weeks have absolutely been dragging. I think its just the anticipation and the fact that I'm running out of things to do to prepare. I have been blessed that we got most everything on our registry and we already bought some of the rest ourselves. Brian's parents are getting us a glider next week which was the "big" item I didn't have with Maddie and I'm excited to have it this time around.

I have washed, sown, put together and organized everything I can think of so far.
Brian and I also threw away a bunch of random things that we were holding on to for some reason and got the spare bedroom all set up. We wont be putting up the crib because we plan on being able to start looking for a house in the Spring. We might end up putting it up, but hopefully not. For now we set up the bassinet that Maddie used and Reese will be sleeping right next to me for the next few months.

My 36 week appointment was yesterday and I met the Dr. that will be delivering Reese. (Finally!) I was excited to meet her and I absolutely love her. I wish I had been able to see her the entire pregnancy, but that would have been impossible since she is new to this practice. Dr. Wan was so nice and easy to talk to. IF we have a #3 she will definitely be my Dr. of choice.

During this appointment they checked for the group B strep virus (which was not supper pleasant, but over quickly). She also noticed my SUPER swollen feet and said it was totally normal which I figured. I know swollen feet like that can mean something else, but my blood pressure is great and everything else checked out just fine. (My blood pressure with Maddie was high towards the end which was weird.)

Brian and I have also talked about going out on as many responsibility free dates as we can these next weekends. Last weekend we went to the Cheese Cake Factory then went and saw the new Batman movie. That was a fun outing. We don't usually get to do both. If we leave her with Brian's parents  we have to end up bringing her home at a decent hour for bed. Since my dad has been out of town, I asked my mom put Maddie to bed, so we were free to stay out as late as we wanted! We only have 2 more weekends now and we are thinking of different things to do. When I was pregnant with Maddie I absolutely could NOT breath she was sitting so high. So, going out towards the end was out of the question. I could not sit in a movie for that long and be comfortable. All I wanted to do was lay down. So, we are taking full advantage that Reese is way low. Speaking of which, I am having a hard time not being sarcastic to one more person that tells me shes way low. Yes. I know. She's low. She's been low THE ENTIRE PREGNANCY.

Here are a few pictures of how we set up the nursrey.

This is a heirloom rocking chair that my dad's mom used for him. I recovered it and will be used for decor. The glider will go in the play-room. (I know the owls on the seat are upside-down. I messed up, but my non-perfectionist personality doesn't care enough to go buy more fabric and start over.)

I painted that painting and hung the pretty decorations I got at my shower.

This is a pillow and quilt from her bedding I'm keeping out in the pack-n-play for now.  We set the pack-n-play up for the changing table. But I love her bedding so much I wanted some of it out to look at.

I bought lamps for the girls rooms the other day and found this perfect owl one for Reese. I was very excited!

More wall decor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment