Thursday, October 11, 2012

We are a family of four!

I can't believe its already been a week since Reese was born. Through out my pregnancy I thought this day would never come.
Last Wednesday the 3rd, we were going to go out to dinner not necessarily on a date because Maddie was with us, but to a nicer place because I would not be able to eat all day Thursday.  Well, that was the plan.
Brian and I had been talking about trading in our Pathfinder in April, but it occurred to us that by adding another kid to the picture meant that our extra car space would be limited, especially for traveling, which we will be doing on the 18th for Corey's wedding. I guess Brian got the new car itch a little sooner then we talked about because he started looking on Autotrader for a "new" car. I told him that since the car would be for me, I would like to be able to look at it and test drive it and we were running out of time.
Wednesday, while I was at Gymnastics with Maddie, Brian calls me and tells me he found a midnight blue Armada (the car and color I wanted) on Autotrader to go look at. So on the way to dinner, we hopped over to a dealership to take a look. We looked, we drove, we loved, we bought. We were very excited about our new purchase however, the process took WAY to long. We got to the dealership at 6:30 and literally didn't get home till close to 12:00. We had to settle going through a drive-through on our way home and poor Maddie was out in the back seat. Maddie also got VERY upset when we left the pathfinder at the dealership.
Even though I have not been able to drive it yet (other then the test) I love the new car. Its a boat, but I'll get used to it.
Right before we went to bed Wednesday night, we took our last family of 3 picture.

39 Weeks

Thursday morning, Brian and I got up to be at the Hospital by 7:30. We also stopped by McDonald's for Brian to get breakfast and I almost got something until I remembered I couldn't. 
Prep time went by pretty quickly, before I new it, the clock said 9:45 and they were ready to wheel me into surgery. 
I got a spinal and I wish Brian could have been in there for that part, but they don't like to risk the husband's fainting (he would have loved to been in there to observe). The spinal worked VERY quickly and to be honest I didn't like the feeling of not being able to feel my legs and feet. All I could feel was tingles down my legs. I learned that Spinal's are stronger then epidurals, work quicker but don't last as long. 
Brian came in and surgery started. In comparison to Maddie's birth, this one seemed to take longer in the delivery, but much quicker in sowing me back up. Also, I got upset because I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt like there was an elephant sitting on my chest the entire time. I don't know if that was from moving things around on the inside or if it was from the anesthesia. I didn't feel that with Maddie, so the feeling was very unsettling. They also had just gotten a new method of removing someone off the operating table. I guess I was the guinea big because 5 min out of surgery the nurses kept tossing me around like a rag doll. Prior to surgery they laid me on an inflatable mattress that is supposed to be an easier way to move the patient from the surgical bed to the regular bed. It was a good idea and all, and the transition from bed to bed was easy, it was getting me off the inflatable mattress that was tricky. They flopped me around until they gave up, deflated the mattress and said forget it. I was not very thrilled about this. On top of it I still couldn't breath well and I had just been cut open.

 Reese was delivered at 10:28 a.m. weighing 8.3 oz and 19.5 in. She got cleaned up right were I could see her and followed me back to my room. I recovered in my room and later a nurse came into my room and gave her a bath. We were able to get all that on film. I loved her being with me the entire time.

 Maddie was SO excited to meet her new baby sister. Her shirt says big sister and she wore that shirt to preschool that day. She came to the hospital after preschool and her teachers said she kept talking about baby Reese all day. 

Our first family of four picture

Over all it was a great birthing experience. The hospital and care was great and I loved all the nurses. Thank you to all who came to visit and meet our new little addition!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Glad everything went well! I've been thinking about you! We are in the hospital now just waiting:)

    ReplyDelete