Thursday, September 20, 2012

37 Weeks

Today after I dropped Maddie off at preschool I went to my 37 week appointment. Luckily I didn't need to be "checked" because I'm not having regular contractions and I'm having a c-section. I do feel quite a few of false labor contractions or Braxton Hicks in my lower back and abdomen but that's it. The nurse thought that my thyroid and white blood count looked low (which I already knew about the white blood cells) but my Dr. said everything looked good, so I guess even though they look low, its still within range so its not a problem. I have been surprised at how I have not been sick this entire pregnancy. Not even a cold even when Maddie and Brian were sick a few times. Now, I have two weeks to go and I have a sore throat and a cough that is killing my chest. So far, no fever, so I'm praying for no infection because I DO NOT want to be on antibiotics right now. He said I could take Robitussin a few times, but I think I'm going to wait and see if I feel better within a couple of days so I don't have to take that either. All I will say is "Thank you God's Garden duty last Sunday for giving me the sniffles."

I also got my Tdap shot today. Apparently there is a rise in pertussis cases in infants because adults are not keeping up with their 10 year boosters. Who remembers to get a shot every 10 years? Also apparently pertussis in that shot doesn't really last 10 years and becomes almost ineffective after all that time. My Dr. said they just got the OK about 2 months ago to start giving pregnant women the shot after their 28th week. He said for those of us who had already passed 28 weeks at that time, they would have given me the shot after the baby was born, but since I asked about it, they gave it to me today. This information is kind of scary. Especially since we will be traveling so soon after birth. I thought it would have been passed on through little kids, but since they get their boosters so frequently, they are not the ones to worry about.

On the "to do" list they give you at the Dr.'s office, apparently I should have already installed the car seat, but we have yet to do that. I also should be packing, but at this point I have about 3 things I can wear, so I think the packing will have to wait.

Next week is our LAST full week, then its baby time!

No comments:

Post a Comment