Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meet the Teacher


Tonight was meet the teacher night at Preschool. It was actually harder for me then I thought it was going to be. I recently told my sweet director, at the last minute, I couldn't go back this year. I had already told her in the beginning that I was wanting to go from a class-room teacher to doing Spanish again this year. That way I would have one day a week at school, then another to focus on my classes, go to Dr.'s appointments etc... Well, last week, I just couldn't take it anymore, I had been having some minor Meniere's episodes during the night and my Dr. told me he wants me to highly consider Gentamicin injections.

These injections kill the balance cells in your inner ear, with the goal of eventually stopping the vertigo. Well, this might seem ideal and all, but for your balance to function correctly, the other ear must compensate for the other. This could take weeks, and during that time, there is a high chance of me being sick that whole time. If that did happen, I would not be a very reliable employee, and that's not someone I want to known as. So, in the best interest of myself and preschool, I decided to take the year off, focus on school and photography and take some time for myself in the process. We decided it was important for Maddie to keep going, she absolutely loves it, and I would hate to take that away from her.

When we walked into the building, this was all new to me. I had never been on this side of things before. I turned in Maddie's paperwork, then gave my old boss a hug, then, came on the water works. I quickly left her then went to talk to the assistant director, then, came on the water works again. PERFECT. I left her quickly as well, then ran into a couple of teacher friends that were wondering what was going on (like why I wasn't there) and it took all I had no not tell Brian and Maddie PEACE OUT and run to the bathroom. Fortunately I composed myself in time to make it to Maddie's new classroom and let her get to know her two new teachers.

Ms. Justine and Ms. Katie are her teachers. They are the Giraffes. They are wonderful. Katie is new this year, but Justine has been there for many years. Maddie warmed up quickly, and soon didn't want to leave the room.

I hope Tuesday goes just as well. For her at least. I hope I get a grip before then.

Going to her new class


Assessing the situation




She got a folder with her name on it and a new Disney Prices puzzle from her teachers



Computers with Ms. Allison

Music with Ms. Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment