Thursday, September 15, 2011

cRaZy DaY!

Today was the CRAZIEST of all the days. Its Thursday, so it was a preschool day, which was great, I would be able to get some studying done for my Statistics exam on Saturday. Its SUPPER hard to do homework and study when you have a little body in your house running to and fro wanting to play. I also had a Dr.'s appointment in Dallas at 2:30. It takes me 30 minutes to get there from my house, and preschool ends at 2:00. But, I thought, no worries, I'll just get there early for the pick-up line, have all snacks and entertainment for the waiting room all ready to go in the car and head strait from the school to the appointment. THEN, I remembered, today was the first day for Maddie's ballet class. At 4:00. oh dear.

Ok, so new plan. Pick Maddie up early from pre-school at 1:30, bring her home, change her into her leotard and tutu, grab snacks, entertainment (ipad) for the Dr's office, camera and ballet shoes for ballet. Go to Dr.'s appointment, pray that it doesn't take long, then make it back just in time for ballet.

Everything was good to go until I got into my car to pick Maddie up and it wouldn't turn over. ARE.YOU. KIDDING.ME? it worked fine this morning! (the check engine light had been on for a couple of days. oops) Luckily, my dad was turning into the neighborhood when I started to panic. He threw around some car lingo that I pretended to understand, and went onto thinking of a solution to my current problem.

New plan #2 take my dad's truck to pick up Maddie, (in Allen) get her home changed, grab my stuff, then have my dad take us to get Brian's car at work. (Richardson) I would take Brian's car to my appointment, (Dallas) then Maddie to Ballet, (Sachse) then back to pick Brian up from work (Richardson). And that is was I did. There was A LOT of driving involved.

Maddie was precious in Ballet. I could tell she was exhausted but she had fun.

(she's the one with the yellow bow)




First Position



1 comment:

  1. You're a very loving committed mommy, that is lots of driving!

    ReplyDelete