Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Maddie's First Day of Preschool



Tuesday was Maddie's first day of preschool. It was also the first day of preschool that I was not in the same building as her. It was the first time she didn't sit with me in Chapel, the first time we were not playing outside together or me being able to check-up on her when ever I felt like it.
It was a little bitter-sweet. She put on a small show when we dropped her off, wanting one more hug and kiss, and of course I oblidged. But, like what other several other mom's and dad's did that day, after many first-day photos, hugs and kisses, walked right back out the front door, and on to the tasks of the day. For Brian, who went with me to drop her off, went to work. Me? I had GLORIOUS moments of sheer silence. I went home, and did most things I normally do, but I did it in silence. I got to watch HGTV when I ate lunch, ran some errands and then, 2:00 p.m. came very quickly. I was excited to pick her up to see how her day went.

She looked SO big walking out to the pick-up line with her back-pack on her back. Her teacher said she had a great day and she came out of her shell quickly. Maddie also told me she had a good day when we got back in the car. She is excited about tomorrow, so I'm glad I made the right choice by keeping her in school. They will be learning and doing a lot this year and I am also excited to see how much she will be growing and little by little getting ready for Kindergarten.

I forgot to get a picture of her and her teachers, but here she is before we left the house Tuesday morning. I could not get a reasonable smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment