Saturday, March 26, 2011

My birthday

So my surgery had been on a Wednesday morning, and the following Monday and Tuesday, were mine and my mom's birthdays, so we got the family over to celebrate on Saturday evening. I was sure I would be feeling better by then, so we made plans to go to Brio. I LOVE that place. Their Field Greens Salad is wonderful for a main course.

It was pretty much just immediate family that was going, (including my grandpa, my dad's dad) something we have done for years now. Except for this year, we got to include my brother's girlfriend Rachel (she was there last year too) and this time for the first time, Michael, my sister's new boyfriend.

Ashlee had been texting me that day asking me were we where going to eat, and wanting to know why we weren't going to this nice Brazilian stake-house restaurant (Mastergrill, not AS pricey as Fogo de Shao, or Texas de Brazil, but comparable) we had gone to the year before. I told her, there were a lot of people coming, I knew who would be picking up the tab, and I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to have to pay for something like that, plus, I really like Brio's, and that's what my mom and I had decided on.

So, later that day, we all pile in the cars. Brian and I were in the car that was leaving first, together with Ashlee and Michael, (and Maddie of course) and my dad pops his head in the window and says we are going to Mastergrill right? My sister says "yes", I say "what?" and then confusion set in. Apparently my sister had told my dad to take us to Mastergrill, and that that's what we wanted for our birthday dinner. Then, my dad realized it had been Ashlee's sneaky plan all along and told me to pick. Brio, or Mastergrill, and that as far as price goes, they were about the same (NOT!) which told me, he would take any excuse to go to Mastergrill. I said, "If I'm gonna pick, I'd pick Brazilian food any day of the week." So my dad said ok. Lets go to Mastergrill. So Mastergrill, we went. I had been savoring that salad from Brio all day, but I wasn't about to complain about the change of plans.

Dinner was wonderful, however, my face and ear were still pretty swollen, and the pressure in my inner ear was TREMENDOUS. So, I was not feeling well, and since I couldn't hear much of the conversations going on, I was quite frustrated.

When we got home, Brian had pulled out the cake he bought from LaMadeline's and it was SO rich and wonderful, and had some kind of liquor in it, which, makes any cake delicious! We ate some more and opened some cards and presents. Other then my inner ear issues, it was a great time!
On Monday, my actual birthday, Btian had made reservations at The Melting Pot, which we had gone to on our anniversary this year. It is FABULOUS! Our plan was to go and just have the cheese and chocolate fondue, and even though we weren't going to get the full 4 course meal, we were super excited about it.

So, we told our waitress our plan and while she was gone, Brian looked at me and asked if I just want to go ahead and have diner too? They were having a "big night out" special (the same one they were having on our anniversary in December) I thought about it, since its unexpected, and I always need a little time to think through something if we have a change of plans, then I said "SURE! its my birthday, and its not like we come here every day!" So, we had the full dinner and it was simply amazing. We love that place! Plus, we were both starving since we hadn't had much for lunch that day. It was kind of like going to the grocery store when your hungry.

I had a great time, both times, celebrating my birthday, #27.

No comments:

Post a Comment