Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Ballet


After my Debbie-downer post from the other night, I will post something a little more fun.

Last Wednesday, Maddie went in for her 3 Year old well check up. Luckily, there were no shots involved and mainly just height and weight measurements. They tried to do a vision test on her, were she stood at one spot at had to look at letter E shapes on a large purple page across from her. The letter E was the only letter, but they were upside down, right side up, sideways and etc... Maddie stood there holding a black spoon to one of her eyes and thought it was the coolest thing in the entire world. The poor nurse stood at the E's pointing at them, asking Maddie which way they were facing, exhorting a large amount of energy and body weight, trying to get a clear answer, but Maddie just stood there and giggled with a spoon to her eye. I told the nurse, she just didn't understand the concept, and she finally gave up.

After that, the Dr. came in. (we LOVE her!) and game Maddie an over all exam and said she was doing well. And to no surprise to us all, she is 50% in weight, and 25% in height. This poor girl DID not receive the tall jean. My dad's mom is not even 5', and I'm not much more then that. Oh well...we get what we get!

Maddie also likes to ride her tricycle around the house sometimes and there is a little storage compartment in the back where she stores ALL kinds of things. She even totes her babies around with her back there on her way to "Target" to get some yogurt. One day I came home and took my jewelry off on the coffee table and forgot about it. Later that evening Brian just happened to look in her storage compartment and asked me if I was missing some jewelry. I sad "no, I don't think so?" then he proceeded pull out the earrings I had been wearing that day, 2 James Avery Rings, a James Avery necklace AND my wedding bands. We just laughed. I should be more careful were I leave my things from now on. She is TOTALLY into doing everything I do. Every time we go somewhere she has to carry her purse (a cute straw one we got her in the Bahamas with her name on it) It had all sorts of nothingness, but things that are VERY important to her on our trips out of the house. SO cute.

And lastly, yesterday Maddie had Ballet for the first time. It was THE most precious thing I have seen. A friend of mine from ASI Gymnastics told me she was enrolling her daughter in Baby Ballet, a class they offer in the Sachse Sr. Center. Its only about 15 min from my house and only $35 for 6 sessions. I thought it would be a good time to try, so why not? And I'm SO glad I did! She talked about going to Ballet all day, even though she had NO clue what it was, and when we got there, she did so well! I was impressed at how much she followed instructions and tried the moves her teacher was teaching. It was simply precious.












No comments:

Post a Comment