Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lots and Lots

wow, I have not been doing a good job at keeping up with my blog posts.

In the mean time, since my last post, I guess, Brian and I got a new computer. Let me brag about that for a while. Its an Imac to be exact. and its one I have been wanting FOREVER. Literally, years. I wanted one in college, so I could work on my art projects without having to go up and spend hours and hours in the Mac room. So, now, probably 5 years later, I finally got one. The screen is so big and so nice, we can now also watch movies from our bedroom, streaming them from Netflix or itunes, or a DVD, from the confynness of our bed, and it is simply heavenly. If I had one of these when I was pregnant with Maddie, I think I would have left a permanent mark in our mattress.

Let me update on some other matters that have been going on. Maddie is currently supposed to be napping, but she is not. I can hear her opening and shutting her bedroom door. But if she comes out, she would be confined to the gated loft area where I know she would play "quietly" doing her "best" not to let me know she's out of her room. But since I am in my room, and she cant see me, Im hopping she will do her own thing for a while.

Today was a preschool day. A tuesday to be exact and 9 little ones during the day are exhausting. So, I am in desperate NEED of quiet time.

About a month ago, I have been having the pleasure to start watching a sweet sweet "new" (14 week old) baby. She also comes to preschool with us, and she is just a delight. Maddie LOVES being a little "mommy." Every time i'm feeding Brylee, Maddie gets her own baby and a bottle and sits next to me on the sofa and feeds her too. It's quite precious. Maddie received a new baby and baby carrier for her birthday, so now when I put Brylee in her carrier, Maddie does the same to her babies. However, very time consuming for when trying to leave the house (which is not very often). but never the less, quite cute. It has been a good learning experience for me too, since I've been wondering what it would be like having more then one kid, and there ya go, I get a little taste of that right now. Its not as difficult as it seems, and I think once one gets settled into a routine, anything is possible.

On the 1st of this month Maddie had her 3rd Birthday, and we celebrated on Saturday, February
26th. We had it at ASI Gymnastics. I mean, where else really? And it was great! It was our first non-family only, invite friends party, and it was so much fun! She had a blast. The party coordinators did everything, from jumping, games, sponge block pit, setting up, cutting the cake....all I had to do was bring the goodies and they did the rest. We had great fun.


And for some reason, I cannot get these photos in order, AND the quality that they appear to be on this blog is quite irritating. But oh well..

She had a princess cake, which I forgot to take photos of it by itself. bummer.











The Tuesday after that, was her actual birthday, so I took cupcakes up to school and celebrated her birthday with a class party. They sang the birthday song and blessing to her in chapel and Daddy came to have lunch and brought us Chick-fil-a, which was much better then the left-overs I was planning on eating.











And for all accounts, I was there that day, but for some reason, I managed to walk out of my house, with 2 babies, (kids) 10000 bags, goodies for her party at school, and as soon as sat my stuff down in my classroom, I realized I forgot to put my make-up on. Not even mascara. How embarrassing is that? I have been having SO many of these mommy moments lately. Next time, I'll be going to school in my pj's.


No comments:

Post a Comment