Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What does Maddie do while she's napping?

I am writing this mainly so I can remember it later, Brian didn't take any pictures, his "I have to clean the mess up NOW" fixation got the better of him before a shot could have been taken. But oh, well, at least I have a story.

Last Saturday I put Maddie down for a nap in her big girl bed. We have been using the Pack-n-play for nap time because she NEVER naps in her regular bed. She ALWAYS gets up and plays. It has also been to hot upstairs for her to nap in her room, so we have been taking the pack-n-play down stairs for her to nap. Well...saturday was much cooler then it has been, and her room had an appropriate napping temperature. So, I put her down in her bed, give her hugs and kisses etc... then left to get a pedicure with my mom and sister.

We were just done with the pedicure, when I get a text from Brian saying "Im not even going to tell you what Maddie did, you have to come see it!" What do you mean what Maddie did? She was supposed to be ASLEEP! but NO! That didn't happen.

BUT what DID happen was this: She has (had, Brian moved it) a canopy over her bed full of stuffed animals and when Brian walked in to check on her, the canopy had fallen (she pulled on it) and she was sitting in her bed surrounded by stuffed animals. Every piece of clothing she owned was pulled out of her dresser and onto the floor, and it is 4 days later, and I am still finding the rubber bands for her hair scattered around. She had gotten into the the little zip-lock they were in and did who knows what with them.

This week has been SO crazy! For some reason our monitor isn't working, its getting interference from something else, so all hear is static, and its a new one too. The last one did the same thing. So, with the monitor not working, I cant tell when she wakes up. So, she figured out how to open her bedroom door walk across the loft, open my door and wake me up wanting breakfast. If only she could change her own diaper and make her own breakfast, I could sleep in a little longer. I shouldn't complain though, because she does sleep till 8:00-8:30.

Im hoping that we will be in a new preschool routine soon this craziness will stop.

The End.

1 comment: