Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween Costume?

As stated in an earlier blog, Maddie is still napping in her pack-n-play. Yes, I have a 2 1/2 year old squeezed into a pack-n-play to nap. She just will NOT stay in her bed. She sleeps in her bed at night just fine! But for nap time, I just don't know what to do to make her stay. Yesterday, however, I was determined to make a change! I was standing my ground! She would nap in her big girl bed, so-long pack-n-play! So I put her in her bed (she was exhausted, I could tell) and tried and tried to get her to go to sleep. I even laid in bed with her for a while, then she thought we were playing a game. It was quite sweet, I had my eyes closed and she patted me and kissed me and told me to have sweet dreams! So cute, but not what I was trying to get accomplished. So I got up and told her to stay in her bed.
During that time, I decided to color my hair. It was WAY past due, so I colored my hair and waited for it to process. About an hour later, it was time to rinse my hair out, but first, I decided to check on Maddie. She had been so quiet I thought she might have actually fallen asleep. I opened the door to her room and found this:

She said it was lotion. But no, it was BUTT PASTE! B.U.T.T. P.A.S.T.E! It was in her hair, eyes, nose, all over!
I was in a pickle. I had to get her cleaned up before she spread it anywhere else, but I also had to get the color out of my hair before it over-processed and fell out. So I snapped a couple of pictures for documentation and possible future blackmail and sat her on a towel on the bathroom floor and rinsed my hair out quickly. Then, with my hair still dripping wet, I proceeded to scrub that girl clean. I wish it had been lotion like she thought it was! It took FOREVER to get the paste off of her. I almost pored DAWN into her bath water!
It was quite a feat, and there is probably still paste residue in her hair, but that was all I could do.
After I got her dressed and presentable again, It was my turn. In the box of color ( I have been cheap lately and not going to the salon) there is ingredient#1 and ingredient#2 that when mixed together, react chemically with each other, resulting in the new color of choice. After you rinse, you add the conditioner to your hair that also comes in the box. I had just opened the conditioner and rubbed it in my hair when I realized that what I was stroking through my scalp was in fact the 2nd ingredient. NOT the conditioner. What had been processing in my hair the whole time was the 1st ingredient and the conditioner. I wanted to cry. Nothing happened to my hair of course, because there was no chemical reaction with the ingredients. At least my hair didn't turn blue.
This was another fine day in the Edwards house hold. Stay tuned, I bet there will be more.


3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that is hilarious!! Man you have one crazy child, but she will have some funny stories to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, tooo funny you tell a great story! Glad you got the pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Tara that is so funny! That picture made me laugh out loud! Although, I'm not jealous that you had to scrub off all that butt paste! =) oh man.....I love reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete