Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012

First let me start off with our anniversary. We had to celebrate a few days early because Brian was going out of town for work on our anniversary. Naturally, we went to the Melting Pot (we really love that place). And....that's it. We went to diner and came home. I was nervous about leaving my fussy 2.5 month old but it turned out she was asleep the entire time. We had a fun night out without kids for the first time in two months and that was a treat in of itself. 

Now Christmas....

We had a great Christmas this year. This was the first year all of us were together as married couples. Corey and Rachel and Ashlee and Michael. On Christmas Eve, we made fondue again and it was heavenly. We also played a murder mystery game which was fun. I didn't get to play because I organized it. In the future, we will think ahead a little better so we can order a game were not even the organizer knows the outcome. But it was fun non the less.

Christmas Day was fun. I really didn't know how late Maddie would sleep since she was excited, but she actually slept in a little. I think it's because she went to bed so late. 

Santa was really good to Maddie this year. He brought her a trampoline (an indoor one) a Cinderella carriage that also turns into a pumpkin, the Ferry Godmother doll and Prince Charming doll. (She already has Cinderella). Maddie also got lots of other goodies like books, Barbie toys, and lots of other things. Shopping for Maddie was easy and kind of hard at the same time. I'm finding to be surprised by how relatively cheap toys are so it's hard to make a decision on what to buy and to keep from buying too much stuff. 

Brian got me a very special gift. He went to Jarred! Ha. He got me a silver pandora bracelet with special charms he picked himself. It was very sweet and I love it. He also got me some perfume and a Dillard's gift card to go on my annual girls Dillard's shopping spree on January 1st when the whole store goes on sale. Specifically the shoes. I'm a blessed girl! 

Reese also got a few things like baby toys and clothes. She's ALREADY wearing 3-6 month sizes and is outgrowing size 2 diapers. 

Reese did not do awesome on Christmas Day. She had a hard time napping and was kinda cranky in general. I think it was the overwhelming amount of stimulation since there were a lot of people and noises here. 

Over all we had a great time having family over and I am enjoying Brian's time off as much as he is!







  It SNOWED!

We also celebrated My grandpa's 79th birthday.

Reese wanting to be cuddled yet also wanting to know what all the commotion was all about.




No comments:

Post a Comment