Thursday, December 13, 2012

Canton Tree Farm

About 3 weeks ago, the weekend right after Thanksgiving, we loaded up the car and headed to Canton. Unfortunately it was not for trade days because I'm dying to go, but this was a fun reason also. We decided that this year we wanted to go pick out our tree from a tree farm and cut one down ourselves.
We Googled the nearest tree farm place and decided it was close enough for a nice drive and headed down.
When we got there I was pleasantly surprised by this place. There was a large area of trees to choose from. Cut and uncut. There was a Santa for pictures and little rides the kids could ride. Even a small roller coaster, ferris wheel and a corn maze. All the rides looked like they were there for years and years because they were the metal kind. I thought that was neat.
We walked around to find the perfect tree to cut down, but it turned out that the trees that we liked better were the ones that were already cut, so my mom pretend to cut down the tree for Maddie to see what that was all about.
Reese hung out with me and slept the entire time. She'll enjoy it more in a couple of years. After the rides, Maddie saw Santa. She was nervous and didn't want to go up to him, but she warmed up to him quickly after he started talking to her.
It was a really fun day and I hope we get to go back. Apparently they have a pumpkin patch also so that would be fun too.





It was a bright day. (I'm thinking about just using this for our Christmas card this year) 

Maddie took advantage of the vacated seating. She hasn't been in that stroller in a LONG time. 

One of the rides
   
Looking for the perfect one!
 

Some nice employees took our tree to the front to get wrapped. 


The corn maze. This was actually pretty difficult. We could never find the right way out. We ended up getting turned around and exiting towards towards the entrance. I think Brian would have tried it again, but I was ok with not finishing correctly. But I can see how people get trapped in corn fields especially when it's green and full. 



I felt bad for Maddie here. She was SO excited to go down this slide, but I think it was too tall and fast because she was crying when she came down. She later decided to try it again, which I was surprised, but she cried again. Maybe next year :(

Over all, we had a great time! I'm glad we went and had that experience!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Maddie is getting so big. I love keeping up with you through your blog! Also, I have that grey sweater vest thing too! :) Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete