Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Reese: 1 Month

The 4rth marked Reese's one month. October flew by, I can't even believe it.







Over all, I was kind of surprised with how much easier this time around has been. Ive heard that having two kids is so much harder, but then, any number of kids after that is no big deal. Because after two kids, whats one more right? I think for me, having one that's 4 years old has a lot to do with it. She's not AS needy as say, a two-year old. Also, I already knew what to expect. The late night feedings didn't come so much as a shock to me as they were with Maddie.

Yesterday Reese had her one month appointment. I knew she had grown but I was anxious to know just how much. She started off being 8lb's 3oz and 19.5 in. She is now 10lb's and 6oz and 21.25 in. I could not believe she had grown that much. She is 75% for weight and 50% for height. She also got the 2nd round of the Hep. B shot. It was a sad sight to see, but she actually got over it quickly. 

So far, she is a pretty easy baby. I try to feed her right before I go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00 then she sleeps a 4 hr stretch then 3hrs. It takes us from 30 min. to 1hr to get changed and eat. The only issue right now is that she is VERY gassy. Not so much colic but gas. Milacon didn't seem to help but Gripe Water seems to help a little and that's what we used with Maddie also.  She is also much more alert and doesn't just fall asleep AS easily anymore. She fusses a little before she falls asleep and generally I have to hold her until she does fall asleep, then I can put her down. Sometimes I just cant do that like when I'm trying to get ready to leave the house, then she just fusses and I have to keep going back and fourth trying to keep the paci in her mouth. I think she's going to like cuddling much more then Maddie did.
Maddie and Reese. Reese is 5 days old.

Maddie has been a big help and she loves to do it. Reese is her real life baby doll and I have to constantly remind her not to squeeze Reese so hard. Maddie loves to help change diapers and make sure my stash is replenished. She helps give Reese a bath and change her clothes. She also loves to help with sticking Reese's paci back in her mouth and bounce the bouncer when my hands are full.


I walked in on Maddie "reading" Reese a story.


She loves to fall asleep like this. Its her Tummy Time.





I love both my girls and I know we will have so much fun together in the years to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment