Friday, August 10, 2012

31 weeks

Yesterday was my 31 week mark. I have 8 more weeks to go. It seems like a long time from now, but I feel like I have SO much to do before then.
Today Brian, Maddie and I had a 3D sonogram to go to. We decided at the last minute to do it, since all we had of Reese so far were the 20 week sonogram pictures. It also gave me peace of mind that everything was still developing correctly and that baby Reese is STILL a GIRL! I have been SO paranoid that the 20 week sono was wrong. She is measuring about 3 days early, but that shouldn't affect the due date. She is also about 4lb's, has a great heart beat and everything else is right on track.

I realize pictures like this are not awesome to anyone else but the parents, but here is a picture of our little girl at this point. It was a neat experience to have and Maddie was able to distinguish the baby's features on the monitor pretty well so that was a fun thing for her to experience as well.

So far, these last few weeks have been brutal with the heat we've been having. Maddie and I have been at the pool a lot. I thank heaven for the awesome pool that 24hr fitness has and that its only 5 minutes from my house. We have definitely been putting our money to good use this summer.

I was talking to Brian the other day about how much this pregnancy is so different then the first one. I feel like Reese is just about to fall out of me she's sitting so low. Which is also making my hips pop big time. One night I woke up to go to the restroom and I nearly fell on the floor I was in so much pain, then I got back into bed about to wake Brian up when my hips (or something around my back) popped and I immediately felt better. I haven't have that happen since, but at least now I know what it is. I still pop every time I change positions in bed, but never had the weird alignment pain again. I have been wondering if I didn't have a scheduled c-section that I would be able to deliver naturally since I have all these new symptoms I never had with Maddie, but...I also don't want to wait past the 4th of October to find out. So unless she comes even earlier, we will proceed with the current schedule.

We have also booked our little vacation for this summer. We are going to San Antonio for our last family of 3 vacation. When we were talking about vacations, I really wanted to go to Mexico, Bahamas or even Florida and take Maddie to Disney, but, for several reasons, right now was the only time we were able to go somewhere this summer, and since I'm 31 weeks traveling supper far is probably not a good idea. And Bahamas and Mexico would not be too fun for Maddie. So we settled on San Antonio. We are going to do the river walk thing, eat great Mexican food and take the traditional family photo in front of the Alamo. Then we plan on doing a 2 day pass to Sea World/ Aquaworld for Maddie. I think she will love it. We got a really nice hotel and spa so hopefully Brian and I will be able to take advantage of some of that as well. I'm kind of dreading walking around all day in the heat and my back is starting to feel the pressures of the baby, which neither of those factors were considered when we were booking this trip, but I think we can work around those little kinks.

Happy Friday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment