Friday, January 7, 2011

January

About a few days before Christmas, Maddie came down with a bad cold, she had fever, a cough that sounded like croup (fortunately it wasn't) and your general lethargy when it comes to being sick. We took her to Acute Kids Care, then again to her pediatrician and got a prescription for her cough. During our trip, she felt much better, but of course she had a lingering cough that lasted FOREVER, which caused her to wake up several times during the night. Which leads me to what has been happening ever since we've been back.

Ever since we've been back from Oklahoma, she's been waking up in ungodly hours of the night like 3:30 and 4:00 a.m. and screaming for me outside my door. When I come out and ask her whats wrong, she immediately stops crying and these are the responses I have been receiving:
1) "I want some water" (her water is in her bed with her)
2) "I want to role over"
3) "I teetee'd in my diaper" (we are potty training)
4) "I..............." This response is for when she hasn't thought through what she needed before she decided to wake me up.
It has been a crazy week, and I'm looking forward to uninterrupted sleep through out the night.

As mentioned earlier, something we started working on this week is potty training. I have tried before, last summer, but I felt like she wasn't quite ready. But I am happy to report that we have been making progress. The first time she went all by herself was Monday, Jan. 3rd. (This is mainly for me to remember.)

She has been doing well ever since we started with few accidents, and sometimes not wanting to stop playing, but its only been a week, and I am glad we are moving right along.

No comments:

Post a Comment