Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Day

Ok, can I first say that I had NO idea people were commenting on my posts? I was looking around on here and came across where it says comments and woe and behold, there are comments on my posts! Im SO sorry for not responding, I just thought I was alone in this blog world. I didn't know people were reading, I just thought I would type every once and a while, so I would be able to read them later. Sort of a journal for Maddie if you will. BUT YAY! I'm so glad Im not typing in vain! haha.

Maddie had her 2 year old well check-up this week. I was a little scared for this one. In the past we have done pretty well with the check-ups. Even though this also means its time for those horrible shots and ammunitions. When they are so young, they don't even know its coming, they just lay there and then all of a sudden they get pricked, they scream, and its all over. However, the reason why I was dreading this particular check-up was because she is older now, she would know that people are trying to hold her down, not why, but just the fact that she's being held captive on a table would make her mad. Then she would feel the sting and look up at me, not in the "what's going on and why does it hurt" look like she used to, but in-turn "these people are hurting me and your letting them" kind of look. UHG It would be horrible.

So we got to the Dr.'s office. (15 min. LATE!) the lady at the check-in actually said she was hoping it was me that was checking in. I said "oh yea, Im so sorry Im late!" she didn't say a word back!!! OOOPS!!!

So we get called into our room, she gets measured and weighed. She is now 25 lb's and 33 1/2 inch. Tall. In percentage, she is in the 25% for weight and 36% for length. Which means out of 100 kids 64 of them are taller than her and 75 are heavier. Thats fine with me. Im only 5'3 and my dad's mom is not even 5' tall. Its genetic. She wont have a chance. Then comes in the Dr. to talk to me about Maddie and how she's doing. Then she proceeded to tell me NO SHOTS!!!! YAY!!! Maddie is all up to date! What a relief!

Here are some photos of what we have done these past few days.

For Christmas Maddie got some rain boots and matching rain coat. Its so cute, she got to wear them for a little while the other day when it rained so hard out of no where!




That is her an my mom. FYI





2 comments:

  1. I read your blog, don't worry! I usually forget to comment on blogs! I just read them! I didn't think of it, but it would be fun for Maddie to go back and read the things you wrote about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie looks so cute in her little raincoat and boots! I'm glad she didn't have to get any scary shots!

    ReplyDelete