Monday, March 8, 2010

I'M TWO!!

Maddie is TWO years old!

I cannot believe it! She has grown so much!
Frankly, I cannot believe I have a 2 year old! She is still going to preschool twice a week at our church and she loves it! She knows all her friends and her teachers. Now she is doing a really good job at putting two word sentences together. I'm SO proud!

Yesterday she did the funniest thing. She plays upstairs in our loft. Sometimes I let her eat crackers up there too. She has a little kitchen set and also a homemade table and chairs made by my grand-pa for Christmas. So, I let her snack up there sometimes. Well...she also does NOT like the vacuum, so, vacuuming up there after she snacks is hard. I usually have to wait for the weekend when Brian can play with her so I can vacuum. But who wants to vacuum on Saturday? Anyways....since the lack of vacuuming, there have been little ants scavenging around upstairs.
Yesterday my brother Corey was playing with her they were both on all fours facing each other playing puppy or something, then Corey saw an ant on the floor. Maddie got excited and started saying ant ant. Corey then proceeded to pretend to pick up the ant and eat it. The look on her face after that was priceless. Immediately after he pretended to pop the ant in his mouth, Maddie's chin fell to the floor. Her eyes got SO BIG she didn't say a word for a long time and just stared at him like "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?" she then, still with her mouth gaping wide open not saying a word, turned her head and looked at my mom and Rachel ( Corey's gf who was also in the room playing with her) as if to ask them the question "WHAT DID HE JUST DO? THAT WAS THE GROSSEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! WHY WOULD ANYONE EAT A BUG?"

It was absolutely hilarious. She wanted nothing to do with him after that. Like he was contaminated or something! haha.
Pictures of the birthday party soon to come!

2 comments:

  1. too funny, I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story! They are so much fun at that age! I can't believe she is two either....time flies.

    ReplyDelete