Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Celebration Water Park

Our HOA decided that this year they would give out key cards instead of a pass code for the pool gate in our community. I thought this was a good idea, however, they have been really bad about getting the cards out to people, so we don't have ours yet. I'm quite irritated about this because I had planned on spending a large part of the summer at the pool, and I also really NEED a tan for Ashlee's wedding. I read an article that spray tan is not recommended during pregnancy, so I need to do it the natural, slower way.

I have also noticed Maddie has been getting a little bored with her toys and crafts so I have been trying to think of things to do outside of the house to get her moving around to replace preschool now that we are out for the summer. Enter Celebration Park. I remembered that Celebration Park in Allen has a water spray area during the summer, so we decided to try that out today. Maddie wasn't really into splash parks in the past, but I thought we would try it out this year. Ashlee, Maddie and I took our Chick-fil-a lunch and sat under a tree for a pick-nick and she was SO excited to get into the water. When she was done eating it took her a while to warm up to the sprinkles, so, Ashlee went out with her to show her it was ok while I finished up my lunch. It took her the whole hour we were there to finally stand under one of the water sprayers, and she will avoid at any cost getting her face wet. After we were there for a while, she started to play with other kids and not minding so much that she was wet. It was a fun afternoon. We might just make it a weekly visit.   






21 week belly 



1 comment:

  1. You look adorable! The park looks MUCH less crowded than it was for Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete