Tuesday, May 22, 2012

20 Weeks

This week marks my 20th week of pregnancy. I didn't really start feeling like myself again till about 16 weeks. I think that's one of the biggest differences between this one and Maddie's. I'm also showing bigger sooner then I did with Maddie, but I hear that's normal. Especially since I have a short torso,  I stretched out big time with Maddie. She had no where else to go, poor thing, so its like with this pregnancy, my body just said "yea, we've done this already, I'm not even going to try to hold it in."

Yesterday we had our 20th week appointment with the ultrasound and we were really excited to finally find out what we were having, but also importantly make sure that everything was ok. Which it was. It was so neat to see how much the ultrasound can see. We even got a small 3D image which was really cool to see. I told the technician that I appreciated that she waited until the end of the appointment to tell us the gender because with Maddie, the technician told us she was a girl first thing. I was so excited to know what she was, that for the rest of the appointment, all I heard him say was blah blah blah, looks good, blah blah blah. This time I was able to pay attention to all the details and everything she was saying about this baby. In the end of the appointment, she typed the words on her monitor "no doubt a girl" and that's how we found out, so that was a lot of fun. We got a print out of all the pictures (with Maddie we got a recorded tape of the appointment which was cool, but, who has a VCR anymore?) for her baby book and I'm excited to finally begin planning. I have no idea how people can wait until the birth to find out.

After our appointment Brian and I headed to Party-City to get last minute things for our Gender-reveal Party. We decided to have a get together and tell everyone at once what we were having. We decided to invite our families and our small group, kind of as a last small group get-together before summer.

My reveal idea was to have everyone gather around and let Maddie open a small box with the color appropriate confetti and ribbon. Once she opened the box, she and everyone would know together. I wanted Maddie to be at our ultrasound appointment, but then, I just knew it would slip somehow. It was hard enough for Brian and I to keep it in for that short period of time.

I did a "What's it going to BEE" theme with yellow and black table decorations and I just told everyone to come over after dinner for desert. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we chose to do that.

Baby and I are doing great and I'm ready for the week count down to get bellow 20 weeks now that I'm half way there.

The table decor. I did have a really pretty punch bowl for the punch, but we had last minute disaster with the spickett, so I had to improvise. 

Before the reveal, I took a tally of who thought it was a boy or girl. 

Maddie about to open her box.

 The reveal!


Everyone was excited.

Afterwards, Brylee and Maddie had a great time with the confetti. Silly girls. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to share your sweet news! Congrats on the precious baby girl addition to your family :-)

    ReplyDelete