Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter 2012

This Easter was a rainy one. We made Easter sugar cookies for the Easter bunny, then on Sunday morning we saw what the bunny left us. -ha funny story. Brian and I ran to Toys R Us Friday night to pick out a couple of things for her basket. We got her the Trouble game and the Fisher Price Dr. kit. We left the bag in the car thinking we would get it out after Maddie was in bed. Well, we forgot. We were headed out Saturday morning and we reminded ourselves that we still had the gifts in the car. Well, we forgot again. I helped Maddie in the car and shut the door behind her and I heard "WOW! DR. TOYS! LOOK MOMMY AND DADDY!" This immediately became a non-verbal team effort. Brian jumped out of the front seat as I opened her door. She was to excited about what she was seeing to be seated so I called her towards me and I couldn't think of anything else to say except "oh wow, Maddie you are getting SO big!" I picked her up just long enough for Brian to grab the bag of things from the other side and run it to the house. She probably thought I was going crazy. I sat her back down in her car seat and told her to buckle up. After that, there was no more talk of the aforementioned bag of goodies and Brian and I were out of the woods. For Sunday morning, we took everything out of the box it came in and sat it in the basket, so I don't think she caught on. Or maybe she did, shes just smart enough not to say anything.
Here are a few pictures of the day. I actually didn't take many pictures this year because I FINALLY, after having my camera for almost a year, figured out how to use the video feature. I'm still not great at it, but it takes AWESOME videos in HD. And I find it very convenient since I always have my camera out with me and not the video camera.

The super cute cookie decorating kit that Michael's mom sent Maddie.


She had to hunt for the eggs indoors this year because of the huge storm going on in Ft. Worth.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment