Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We hosted it here at the house and most of the family came and we had WAY to much food and desert like always. I am not entirely crazy about thanksgiving food, mainly because Christmas food is WAY better. And that is mainly because I like Ham better than Turkey.
Brian, Ashlee and Michael started the day off right running the Turkey Trot in Dallas. I was going to go, but I chickened out. On Wednesday night when we were going to bed, I looked at Brian and told him I wasn't upset I wasn't going with them. They were about to do two things I HATE the most: Waking up early and running.



Like I said earlier, we stayed in Murphy for Thanksgiving, but what set this Thanksgiving apart from the rest was this:

That is my sister and her new Fiance, Michael.

We all gathered up around the living room for my dad to say a prayer. Everyone (except me, brian, my mom and dad because we all knew about the surprise) faced my dad expecting him to start talking, but he didn't. Michael started to talk. He said how much he loved our family etc... then he turned around to face Ashlee, got down on one knee and proposed. Everyone was SO surprised and Brian was finally able to sigh in relief that he didn't have to keep a secret anymore.

After that, my dad said the actual prayer and we engorged ourselves. Just kidding.
Congratulations to Ashlee and Michael!





I'm pretty sure Maddie thinks she has mastered the art of scraping food around her plate to make it look like she ate most of it.

Kaia, My cousin's daughter. So, Maddie's 3rd cousin?

No comments:

Post a Comment