Monday, April 11, 2011

Zoo Day

This past Saturday was Walk for Epilepsy at the Dallas Zoo. I really don't know anyone close to my heart that suffers from Epilepsy, although, I'm sure its quite a debilitating disease, we actually went there to see Corey. Corey helps organize ASI's involvement in the walk and he designed the t-shirts they all wore.

Brian had to study for the CPA exam he was taking on Monday, and my mom had something else she needed to. My dad was going to go so, Maddie and I went with him. It was a lot of fun but it was HOT! They have a safari section in the zoo and I really thought I was walking in a real safari. I pretended I was in Africa. It was hot. And I think it was in the low 90's. Not even close to whats to come this summer. Not looking forward to that. But we did have a great time, and Maddie found all of the Animals in Lion King, and I sang the entire "pumba" song from memory. She wanted to see a bear, but I don't think they have any at the Dallas zoo. If they do, we sure didn't find any. Towards the end of our venture, she stopped asking to see one, so we were free to leave without the little one getting upset that she didn't get to see one of her favorite animals. BUT, she did get to ride a camel and a pony. That was pretty cool.










No comments:

Post a Comment