Saturday, October 23, 2010

Florida

Thursday morning Maddie and I went to preschool and Brian headed off to work as usual. The unusual thing that day, was that at 12:00, Brian came home early, and when Maddie and I came home at 2:30, I took a shower, got our bags and Brian and I said our very sad good-buys, and drove to the air port.

About a month ago, I was requested to photograph a wedding in Destin, Florida. I was excited about the opportunity of expanding my portfolio to destination weddings and also for the mini-vacation Brian and I would be able to have. My feelings about this trip varied. At first I was excited, then nervous about leaving Maddie, then excited again, then about a day before we were supposed to leave, I was just plain sad. I had left Maddie over-night before, but Brian had always been with her, and it was never for longer then 2 days. And we have never been gone as far as Florida before. This was the first time both of us would be away from her, not that my parents aren't capable, Its just different.

We miss Maddie, but we know she's having a great time. We have had a great time too. We hung out on the beach, rode a tandum bike for the first time, and let me tell you, it was as rediculous as it looks. We couldn't stop laughing at ourselves. Then more hanging out on the beach. Not to mention the whole reason we were out there of course. The rehearsal, wedding and reception went great, it was all very beautiful!











No comments:

Post a Comment