Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Sorry for my absence blog world, but nothing to terribly exciting has happened since I last saw you.
The new thing with Maddie right now is that she has moved up to a "big girl" bed this summer. She LOVES it! The first night was rough and she cried herself to sleep. Brian and I went in to check on her several times of course, but she has never been a cuddle-er, and if we went in there to rock or hold her, she would want to play all night long. So.... when she got out of bed which was a few times and nocked at the door, we would simply put her back in bed, give more hugs and kisses and walk out. At first she was really excited about getting a big girl bed, but when it was actually time to go to sleep, I think the combination of fear of change and that she wanted to get up and play with the toys in her room made her upset. But, it didn't last long, and she finally fell asleep. The nights after that have been a breeze.
Since she is in a big girl bed, she needs big girl bedding! And what does that mean? New bedroom decor! YAY! Not that I wasn't upset to part with the pink and green Lady Bug crib bedding, I still love it and will keep the valance, curtains and room decor. I am also thinking of hanging the small quilt on the wall or something. I don't know what to do with it, but I'm not ready to box it up just yet. Any ideas are welcome.
I just got her new twin size pink sheets for the her bed from bed bath and beyond. Brian and I have about three sets of Jersey sheets and we LOVE them! I looked at target for kids sheets and they were so scratchy I felt bad getting those for her, so I used one of my thousands of 20% off coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond and got her her own pair. The pillow cases come separately in a package of two. And to my surprise, when I opened the package there were THREE pillow cases! Not the said TWO, BUT THREE! So, when I go to get an extra set of sheets for her bed, I wont have to get extra pillow cases!
I also picked out her bedding, we haven't gotten it yet, since it is still really hot and she wont need it now anyways, but we are planning on getting it within the next month or so. Its a quilt from Pottery Barn Kids and it is PRECIOUS! I know its a little splurge, but I just can't pass it up. Everything else I've seen is either tween with a rocker logo on it like Hanna Montana or something like that (which I don't like for little girls) or it has some Disney character on it (which I don't care for either, but better then the rocker stuff.) So this is what I found:

So cute! I can't wait to get it and put her "big girl room" all together. It is a little bitter sweet to have a "big girl" in the house, but also fun to see all the changes!

P.S. She will also be going into the 2's class this year at pre-school! She has a real back-pack and everything! (Tear!)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that bedding! They have something very similar at Target. She is going to look so cute with her little backpack on! I can't believe how big she is getting!! Have fun with school.....and decorating of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet bedding! Luke gets out of his toddler bed all the time before he falls asleep, and in the last few nights/naps I've had to resort to spanking. :( But it works. His bedding is from PB too, and his new full size he's getting for Christmas will be as well! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete