Monday, March 4, 2013

Reese-5 Months

Reesey is 5 months today!

Not a lot happening in between well visits, but I do know that she weighs a little over 17 lb's because I had to take her in last Wednesday. Reese got her first cold last week. It started on Sunday night and progressively got worse. By Thursday night she was coughing so bad she was throwing up after she ate and Brian and I took her to Acute Kids because she couldn't catch a breath. Scary times.

She got checked out and it was still just a cold and nothing they could do for her. Great.
Since then, she's been waking up about 1:30 a.m. and coughing profusely. The first night I wrapped ourselves in a blanket and took her outside to breath in the cold air then back inside to rock her. I keep her upright hoping that gravity will do it's job and move any gunk she has in her chest down. Since then, she's still been waking up coughing but I've just been rocking her and the cough seems to be subsiding.

By today she's doing much better. I can still hear gurgles from her nose and chest, but its probably just what has lingered from last week. I'm hoping that tonight will be the night she will not wake up coughing.

Since all this cuddling has been taking place, which despite the circumstances, I LOVE, the fondness she once had for her bed has gone and replaced by the need to be on me at all times. We have been struggling with major separation anxiety and we are having to re-learn how to sleep by ourselves in our own bed. And by we, I mean Reese.

Other then that, she is a sweet baby, she loves to smile and laugh at familiar faces. She loves to be naked and bath time.

We also tried rice cereal for the first time today and it went a little something like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment