Thursday, July 19, 2012

28 Weeks

Today I am 28 weeks along. So, I'm officially in my third trimester. I thought this time would never come and when I think about the fact that Ive been pregnant since January, It makes me a little nauseous. 9 months is just WAY to long.

So far everything is going well. I had my 28 week check-up yesterday where I had to do the glucose test. It was not very pleasant, but it wasn't as bad as the one I had with Maddie. This drink tasted like a VERY VERY sweet semi-flat orange Fanta. After I was done, I was a little sick to my stomach, but it passed after a while. The heart beat was great and I'm measuring normally. I had the pleasure of being "checked" yesterday for any signs of premature labor, and even though I had been cramping in my lower abdomen and back, there were no signs of danger. My Dr. said, as I suspected, was probably just my uterus growing and stretching. It would be odd to have signs of premature labor with this pregnancy, since with Maddie, I had no signs of labor AT ALL. Hence the C-Section.

I'm glad to finally be on the down-hill with this pregnancy. Even though I've been looking forward to this time, its starting to wear on me. For the most part I feel good and energized, but my hips are starting to hurt. I feel like with this pregnancy I'm carrying much lower, so the weight on my belly is intense after a full day of being up and around, so I'm already feeling more tired at the end of the day. Other then that everything is great. I also feel like I have been more active during this pregnancy. Not really on purpose, but keeping up with Maddie, and now that its so hot, we've been swimming a lot. I know I've gained weight, but I don't think its been excessive. I haven't begun to swell yet either so that's good.

It looks like we are talking about a possible due-date change as well. My original due date is October 11th. Which is on a Thursday. My Dr. was talking about scheduling a c-section on Monday the 8th (which is only 3 days earlier). He did this because this practice only schedules deliveries on Mon, Tues and Wednesdays. But, he told me yesterday that they are adding a new Dr. to their practice and she will be the one who will be in charge of scheduled deliveries on Thursdays. Which means, I can have this baby exactly one week early on October the 4th. I'm not concerned about Reese coming early on her own, but having her on a Thursday has so much more advantages then on a Monday. Plus, Corey and Rachel's wedding is on October 20th in San Antonio, so the longer the time between the two events, the better.

I'll post an updated picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment