Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

This holiday was really fun for the Edwards' bunch. Maddie has literally been asking me "is it Halloween yet?" multiple times a day for about 3 weeks. I was SO ready for Halloween to get here so I can finally say "YES!!" and "Stop asking me that question!" For a while, Maddie has been telling me many different things she would like to be for Halloween, but I got an idea from Pottery Barn Kids that I tweaked and made myself. And I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. This year she went as a strawberry.
I was just telling Brian tonight that I was glad Maddie had several opportunities to wear her costume. She looked SO cute, and I worked on it for a while, so I wanted the time I spent on it to be worth it. Or even if I had spent a lot of money on it, like the previous years, if she can wear something more then once, the better.
This year Maddie started Halloween off right with a costume parade at preschool. I was one of the many mom volunteers who passed out candy as the kids walked by. They were all SO cute!





Chapel after the parade


Later in the afternoon, the kids had a Halloween party.


They got to make caramel apples. Maddie didn't care for hers. Probably only because she wanted cake. Because to her, thats what you have at parties. But I enjoyed the apple.



After that, on Sunday, we had Trunk-or-Treat at church.





And thirdly, tonight, we went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. This year was the easiest so far for trick-or-treating. she carried her bucket by herself the whole time, and she would have ran ahead of us to each house if we had let her. She was very excited about getting more candy, but she was also very polite to each person who came to the door. Can I say: #proudparetingmoment. :)


Checking out all her loot. She actually has about twice that much from preschool and from church. She will be eating candy for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment