Thursday, May 6, 2010

Little Renoir

I have just realized that just about every post on here is about Maddie. I was going to start to talk about other things in my life, but I don't feel like anything else is as interesting as what Maddie is doing day to day. And what is Maddie up to these days you ask? Well....Coloring. Apparently, we have a new little artist in the family, and she is but only two years old! Who would have thought?
She uses anything and everything as her canvas. She has colored her toy box, her table and chairs, our desk, our sofa (more than once) her baby dolls head, other toys, her bead spread and the list goes on and on. While I was talking to her about not coloring on our furniture nor, baby's head, I said: "No, we don't color on baby's head." I told her. Then she proceeded to take the crayon and brush it against her own head saying "Maddie's head?" "no, not on Maddie's head" THEN, she pointed the crayon in the direction of my head and said: "mommy's head?" "no, not on mommy's head, we color on paper!". After a few minutes of this question and answer session, I think she finally got the idea, that to her disappointment, coloring on paper is the only acceptable surface. As a learning tool, I made her help me clean up her art work with a diaper wipe. (It was thing only thing I had immediately on hand. I have also come to love those little wipes. They are very useful for most anything!) That little lesson kind of back-fired because she thoroughly enjoyed wiping up her mess. I'll have to think of something else for next time. But... never the less, luckily for me, the crayons are washable.

2 comments:

  1. haha that is so funny (to someone who isn't a mom)! She wanted to color on your head...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't she watch you color on your own face every day? :-)
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete